Exhausted. Excited. Lonely. Happy. Nervous.
Being a new mom, especially for the first time, can bring a range of emotions and situations. The best way to get information, advice and support is to connect with other new moms and with experts in breastfeeding and baby care. It’s also really important for new dads to get support from other dads and from experts in fathering.
Here are a few links and resources to help new parents through the first couple of months with a new baby:
Healing from Cesarean or Birth Trauma:
- Breastfeeding and Work: CDC site that lays out the laws, logistics and resources for breastfeeding at work
- Human Milk 4 Human Babies: Networking site for moms who have or need extra milk
- It Takes a Village: Evidence-based, in-home lactation support in Pinellas, Hillsborough and Pasco
- La Leche League of Florida: Regular meetings for support and friendship
- Tampa Bay Birth Network: Offers a list of local breastfeeding resources
- The Fourth Trimester: Personal breastfeeding support in your home throughout the Tampa Bay area
If you have a resource or playgroup you would like to include on this page, let us know.